HortiStar (19% Si) is a highly effective and readily absorbed silicate foliar fertiliser designed to supplement the limited availability of silicon in water supplied.
Silicon is a biologically active element that triggers and supports plants’ natural defence systems. Its importance is demonstrated by the fact that in healthy leaf tissue, the amount of silicon present is similar to that of many other major nutrients.
HortiStar benefits include:
- Reduces drought, heat and salt stress by regulating leaf water content and maintains the plants productivity under adverse conditions. Maintain photosynthesis at near optimum levels
- Maximises the plant’s natural production of phytoalexin compounds, improving resistance to pathogen attack
- Creates external and internal barriers to prevent penetration by fungi and feeding insects
- Aids uptake of other nutrients in tank mixes
- Non-toxic physical effect on many insect pests including aphids, thrips, mites, mealy bug and scale. Works through suffocation and degradation of the exoskeleton, resulting in dessication. (May harm beneficial bio-control agents, but these can be re-introduced as soon as the spray is dry on the plant tissue)
Zero harvest interval when used alone or in combination with other fertilisers. (If tank-mixed with a pesticide, the harvest interval for the pesticide used in combination with a silicate, must be observed. Always check the pesticide label and datasheet)
For field application apply 1 litre of HortiStar per ha in 400 to 1000 litres of water. For small areas add 10ml of HortiStar to 10 litres of water and apply over 100m2, or to runoff on larger crops.
For combined field application apply 250ml of HortiStar/ha in 400 to 1000 litres of water. For small areas add 2.5ml of HortiStar to 10 litres of water and apply over 100m2 , or to runoff on larger crops.
Do not store diluted HortiStar, use within 24 hours of mixing. Clean spray equipment after use in accordance with safe washing practice. Do not use spreaders or wetting agents in combination with HortiStar.
1 Litre Bottle
Need an SDS? Head over to 'contact us' and request one.